Make hearty, full-bodied coffee on your stovetop.
We recommend simply filling the basket (to the top unless otherwise indicated; some have fill lines) and then adjusting to taste. Easy peasy!
Moka pot, gas stove or other heat source
Coffee nerd options:
Brew time: 5 minutes
Grind setting: fine
Coffee amount: to the top of the brew basket
Water amount: nearly filled to the valve in the bottom chamber
1. Add water to the bottom chamber, making sure not to fill past the pressure relief valve.
2. Add coffee grounds at a fine drip setting to the filter basket. Resist the temptation to tamp!
3. Assemble the brewer. Not too tight!
4. Apply medium heat, aiming for a slow, steady flow of coffee into the upper chamber, finishing at 5-6 min.
5. Remove from heat as soon as you start to hear gurgling, serve immediately, and enjoy!
For further exploration:
- Leave the top lid open while brewing for a free show! The coffee stream should start off a deep red/brown in color and progressively lighten toward golden honey.
- If you’re sensitive to the taste of metal, we recommend opting for a stainless steel moka pot rather than one made of aluminum.