January 20, 2014 is National Coffee Break Day. While it happens to fall on Martin Luther King Day this year, we know that a lot of you are in the office anyway -- and if you're not, you can celebrate tomorrow, right? Not sure how to celebrate? Here are five great ways to make the most of your coffee break today.
- Learn more about the origin and history of the coffee break at NationalCoffeeBreak.org.
- Support a local coffee bar or coffee shop. Independent coffee shops are making a huge comeback -- and for a good reason. Every cup of coffee you buy at a locally owned shop puts money back into your community -- and is far more likely to provide more benefits to everyone involved in producing the end product. Need help finding a good independent coffee shop? Check out the MapMuse Indie Coffee Shop Locator - also available as an app for iPhone or Android.
- Introduce your office mates to great coffee. Bring in your favorite coffee and brewer and share.
- Try something new. It's a great day to try coffee in a way you don't usually drink it. Never had an espresso? Do it! Dying to try a hand-poured coffee? Today's the day. And hey, why not pull out all the stops and enjoy an espresso martini?
- Most important of all, just relax at your desk and enjoy a great cup of coffee!