Makes approximately 40 cookies
1 tablespoon instant coffee
¼ cup hot milk
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup melted chocolate
2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
2 ½ cups flour
1. Combine the coffee and milk in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the coffee. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Place the butter and cheese in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer for one minute.
3. Add the brown sugar, chocolate, and coffee mixture and mix on high for one minute.
4. Add the flour and mix well until the mixture forms crumbs like wet sand.
5. Preheat the oven to 380ºF.
6. Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper. Spoon ½-inch mounds of the dough ½-inch apart on the sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a metal cooling rack.
9. Serve immediately or store for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Avner Laskin artisan chef
Laskin, trained at the renowned Cordon Bleu school in Paris, is an artisan baker & artisan chef with 22 years of experience in the food industry.
Click on the book's cover to see it on Amazon.
Comments will be approved before showing up.