Cafe mocha, also known as the Starbucks’ caffe mocha, is actually an American drink with an Italian linguistic twist! The concoction is based on the smaller and lighter Italian moccaccino which is a cappuccino with a touch of chocolate and no whipped cream.
The cafe mocha is made from espresso and steamed or frothed milk. Follow the links if you need help with these.
1. Pour 2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup in a large and heavy 16-ounce cup.
2. Add a freshly pulled double espresso shot (2 ounces).
3. Pour 12 ounces of frothed milk into the cup on top of the espresso and chocolate. Don’t wait long before pouring the hot milk because the espresso crema fades quickly.
4. Add whipped cream topped with some chocolate syrup or cinnamon powder.
5. For a nicer presentation, add a small piece of dark chocolate on top.
1. For a half-size 8-ounce cafe mocha, just use a single espresso shot, with 6-ounces of frothed milk, and less chocolate.
2. Instead of the chocolate syrup you can use real chocolate or chocolate power.
3. If this comes out too strong for your taste, simply replace the double espresso shot with a single one.
Leave a comment