Winter Warmer Coffee Cocktail
Don't let the winter chill get into your bones. This flaming Winter Warmer coffee cocktail is a showy after-dinner cocktail that will please your eyes as much as it does your palate. The hint of orange from the triple sec is essential to the flavor, as is using high-quality, freshly roasted coffee beans to make the coffee. We used coffee made in a moka pot, but you can substitute a double shot of espresso or a cup of freshly brewed, strong coffee made by the method of your choice.
The best coffee deserves quality ingredients to accentuate all the flavors. Use real cream and whip it just before preparing drinks. Likewise, use top-shelf liquors and grate the nutmeg for garnish when you're ready to serve. Your guests will appreciate the extra effort.
- 2 splashes triple sec
- Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces Bacardi 151 rum
- 1 1/2 ounces Kahlua
- 1 1/2 ounces Ameretto
- Freshly brewed, strong coffee
- Freshly whipped cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Fill a 12-ounce beer stein with hot water to warm the glass. Drain and dry the glass. Dip the rim in a splash of triple sec and then sugar to rim the stein with a crust of sugar.
- Carefully pour the rum and triple sec into the glass.
- Light the alcohol with a long match and gently swirl the liquors to melt the sugar on the rim.
- Add the Kahlua and Amaretto and fill the glass with fresh, hot coffee to within half an inch of the top.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.