Makes 6 medium cups
¾ cup finely ground coffee
1 teaspoons cinnamon
6 cups water
½ cup sweet cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1/3 cup fine bittersweet chocolate
- Combine the coffee, cinnamon, and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla, until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate small saucepan, heat the milk and brown sugar over low heat, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the chocolate and heat while stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the coffee and mix well.
- Pour into individual cups.
- Add 2 tablespoons of whipped cream to each cup and serve immediately.
Avner Laskin artisan chef
Laskin, trained at the renowned Cordon Bleu school in Paris, is an artisan baker & artisan chef with 22 years of experience in the food industry.
Click on the book's cover to see it on Amazon.