First Shot with the "new" Olympia Cremina 67
I received the Olympia Cremina more than a week ago but have not a chance other than to go over the exterior and the interior of the machine. It is in seemingly great condition. Today, I decided to at least give it a try at pullig an espresso shot. The previous owner promised that all the seals were replaced and I was confident that it would produce great espresso right away. Boy, was I so wrong! As you can see in the video, the espresso was watery and without crema.
Here is what I did:
- flush the group head with about 2 ounces of water to heat the group and the cup
- grind exactly 12 grams of coffee in the the basket while the portafilter is still locked in the group head
- tamp using the provided plastic tamper (might this be the weak link?)
- raise the lever to the point just before water would come out and lock in the portafilter with the coffee basket
- do felini move (basically doing mini pumps to build up water and pressure in the group head)
- do one full lever press and pull the cup away when the espresso become blond
The coffee taste kind of like the one you get from a moka pot.
I'm wondering what could be wrong? Any ideas?