Coffee Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
Sumptuous chocolate and silky coffee puddings combine with foamed milk in a delightfully sophisticated dessert that's easier to make than apple pie.Prep time: 1 hours Cook time: 25 minutes Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Chocolate Pudding
- 100g milk chocolate (2 1/2 Hershey milk chocolate bars)
- 200g whole milk
- 25g corn syrup
- 12.5g corn starch
Ingredients for Coffee Pudding
- 100g sugar
- 12.5g corn startch
- 25g corn syrup
- 100g hot, strong coffee
- 150g milk
- Half and half
- Double boiler
- Rocks glasses or juice glasses
- loaf pan
Cooking Directions for Chocolate Pudding
- In the top half of the double boiler, melt the chocolate pieces without stirring until they are nearly liquid.
- Gently stir in corn syrup until completely blended with the chocolate.
- Mix 1/2 the milk with the cornstarch until there are no lumps. You now have 1/2 cup plain milk and 1/2 cup corn starch mixture.
- In a thin stream, add 1/2 the cornstarch mixture to the choclate, stirring continuously. Continue stirring until completely blended.
- In the same way, drizzle in half the plain milk and blend in completely.
- Repeat with remaining corn starch mixture and milk.
- Continue stirring until mixture has thickened to the consistency of corn syrup or soft pudding.
- Rest glasses at a slant in the loaf pan. Half fill each with chocolate pudding so that it settles at a diagonal. Refrigerate while making coffee pudding.
Directions for Coffee Pudding
- In the top half of the double boilerover boiling water, mix together sugar and corn starch.
- Add corn syrup and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add coffee, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir over boiling water until the mixture is thickened to soft pudding consistency - about the time it boils.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Stand glasses uptright and gently add coffee pudding until it is even with the top of chocolate pudding.
- Refrigerate until just before serving.
- Top with frothed milk or lightly whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon or shaved chocolate as desired.