Can’t get enough coffee? Satisfy your sweet tooth with a luscious coffee-infused treat. This delicious and easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies recipe variation on the all-time cookie favorite is a sneak peek from Coffee: More than 65 Delicious and Healthy Recipes, an incredible new collection of creative hot and cold coffee drinks, baked goods, and desserts.
Makes approximately 30 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups flour
½ teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Baking sheet lined with baking paper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In your food processor, combine the butter and confectioner’s sugar and process with a metal blade for 2 minutes or until smooth.
3. Add the egg, coffee, liqueur, salt, half the flour, and the baking powder. Process for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually add the remaining flour while processing. Continue to process the batter until it is smooth.
5. Transfer the batter to a bowl, add the chocolate, and mix well with a spatula, until the mixture is uniform.
6. Spoon 1-inch mounds of the dough ½-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a metal rack to cool.
9. Serve immediately or store for up to 7 days in an airtight container.
Avner Laskin artisan chef
Laskin is an artisan chef and baker with more than 22 years of experience in the food industry. Author of ten beautiful culinary books including Coffee: More than 65 Delicious and Healthy Recipes, Laskin trained at the renowned Cordon Bleu school in Paris.
Click on the book's cover to see it on Amazon:
Comments will be approved before showing up.