The little brewer that could: light and compact enough to travel with unmatched versatility.
Aeropress, Aeropress paper, metal, or cloth filter
Coffee nerd options:
Grinder, pourover kettle, scale, timer, thermometer
Recipe basics (traditional):
Brew time: 2 minutes
Temperature: 205 deg F
Grind setting: fine
Ratio: 1:6 coffee to water
Below measurements are interchangeable. For example, you can use 26 g of grounds to produce a 5.5 oz cup of concentrate coffee.
1. Rinse the filter well with hot water and assemble the brewer.
2. Add coffee ground at a fine drip setting.
3. Add hot water.
4. Stir to evenly wet the grounds before beginning your plunge at 30 seconds.
5. Plunge slowly for about 30 seconds. Dilute the concentrate to taste (we suggest equal parts coffee and hot water), and enjoy!
Inverted Aeropress (see below for more info.): 17 g. of coffee (ground at a coarse drip setting) to 7 oz. of water, with a 1 min. 30 sec. steep and a 30-sec. plunge.
For further exploration:
- The inverted method for Aeropress has a devoted following and seems particularly well-suited to longer extractions. The idea is to barely insert the plunger into the brew chamber, turn the Aeropress upside down for brewing, screw on the cap (with filter), and then flip the brewer right side up onto your mug when you’re ready to plunge. Careful!
- For those preferring not to invert with longer extractions, two tips to minimize premature drip-through: (a) try a 20-sec. bloom before adding the rest of your water, and (b) once all of the water has been added, insert the plunger at a slight angle and then pull back up until you’re ready to plunge.
- Alternate filters are available for the Aeropress in cotton and metal.